Connolly Meats are recruiting for the following position:
Production Manager – Full Time Position
With immediate effect
Salary: Depending on experience
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled production.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Directs Production Supervision and employees ensuring a safe, top quality and efficient product.
- Ensure all employees follow the standard operational and working practices required.
- Ensures proper sanitation procedures are followed.
- Ensure all Food Safety & Quality procedures are followed; along with enforcement of SQF/GMP policies to ensure compliance.
- Coaches all employees on safety and ensure safety policies are followed.
- Has Coaching Responsibility for seeing that products are produced in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Control absenteeism by supervisory emphasis and counselling as necessary.
- Minimize waste, reject and substandard product.
- Insure all record keeping is accomplished correctly so production records are accurate.
- Work with maintenance department to help keep equipment in best mechanical operating condition.
- Direct and review all accident and incident investigations with the objective of taking action to eliminate future occurrences.
- Ensures that safety activities by production employees are accomplished as outlined in the plant’s safety program.
- Ensure employees are properly trained regarding job responsibilities.
- Maintain good morale and positive attitudes among the hourly associates.
- Direct oversight of all production functions including supervision and hourly production staff. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
Other Duties as assigned
- Must have ability to lead, make decisions, facilitate change, and manage conflict
- Competency in PC based Office programs is required
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org